Why Hire a Security Firm to Manage Security at Your Special Event?
Planning to organize an event? If so, then one of the main aspects you will have to focus on will be event security. By appointing a security firm you will be able to ensure that all aspects related to security of your event will be taken care of in the correct manner.
In this context let us look at few of the main responsibilities a security firm performs to ensure you do not have to worry about security at your event.
Responsibilities of Event Security Firms
Security firms have to perform different activities to ensure security concerns do not arise during an event. Let us look at few of the tasks they perform to ensure there are no security lapses.
Ready Plan of Action: For ensuring proper event security, security firms develop a plan of action to prepare for any situation that may arise.
As such, they are prepared for scenarios where an extraordinary crime may occur, there may be protester violence, a natural calamity or a terrorist attack. They also have a plan in place to handle ordinary incidents and crimes like drunkenness, fights, etc.
Feasibility of Security Measures: Security agencies also consider feasibility of certain security measures and whether it would be possible to implement those measures such as blocking of streets and use of tactical units with high visibility.
Establishment of Means of Communication: Security companies develop a strategy for establishing temporary means of communication as well as make other organizational arrangements as necessary.
Assessment of Threat: Event security agencies take into consideration various factors to properly assess threats an event faces, these factors include:
• Size of the event
• Event's political, historical or symbolic importance
• Location where event will take place
• Duration of the event
• Attendees and their religious, political and cultural backgrounds
• Profile of VIPs who will be attending the event
As part of threat assessment, security agencies also perform impact analysis to judge amount of damages you may have to face because of threats. They also try to analyze chances of problems occurring during the event and create a plan for averting those threats.
Collection of Information: Details security experts look into with respect to collection of information consists of:
• Perform thorough review of information available about utility layouts, evacuation plans, floor plans, aerial photos, fire inspection reports, maps, etc.
• Collect information about possible threats from external as well as internal resources.
• Take up details site observations.
• Take up analysis of different types of transportation event participants will be utilizing such as buses, trains, airports, etc.
Allocation of Security Personnel: Another important aspect event security firms have to look into is adequate allocation of security personnel for the event. Few of the questions they need to find answer for include:
• Security personnel are to be deployed at how many security posts?
• How many security personnel would be required at every post?
• What type of skill set security personnel should have (as for instance, knowledge of information technology, security experts to perform bike patrol, security personnel with competency to work as canine handlers, etc.)?
As we can see, security firms have an important role to play in ensuring security at your event and in making sure there are no untoward incidences while event is in progress.